Can’t decide what to get for your honey this Father’s Day? Look no further. We’ve uncovered the absolute best Father’s Day gift for the fellas this year. It’s not a tie, a cabinet, a wallet or a coffee maker. It’s not a new fitness gadget or a fancy razor. Have you guessed it yet? It’s Bedroom Chemist, and here’s why: our carefully curated kits of pleasure make women feel sexy and beautiful.
We all know that everything changes for women after having kids, especially sex. Our bodies look different and feel different. Our libidos are wacky. And yes, let’s admit it, we get a little complacent. We do! We start with the same foreplay we’ve been doing forever. Then we move on to the same two or three positions we’ve been doing forever. Well, not this year, Ladies. This year, Father’s Day is when we affirm that we are – or have the potential to be – horny, fun and vibrant sexpots.
Why is Bedroom Chemist perfect for a Father’s Day Gift? Simple. We know that sexual intimacy often begins with a woman’s desire. Sometimes we need playfulness, sometimes not. Sometimes we need time to warm up and sometimes we’re just ready to rumble. As moms ourselves, we understand that the path to horniness and awesome sex revolves around seeking pleasure for ourselves. Sex is not about pressure or sexpectations, it’s about coming together with our partners to have fun and experience the joy of orgasms. Hooray, orgasms!
SPECIAL FATHER’S DAY GIFT DEAL! Get 20% off if you purchase your Bedroom Chemist kit by June 12, 2013. Click here and enter the code BC20 at check out.
Wait until you see what’s inside Bedroom Chemist’s upcoming kits. They have oodles in there to make you feel fabulous. Need to reconnect with your guy? It’s in the box. Want to explore each other’s bodies and what turns you on? It’s in the box. Want to tap into your adventurous side and try something new? It’s In The Box!
Let us tell you what’s likely to happen this Father’s Day when you sign up for Bedroom Chemist. You’ll have a nice meal, hang with the kiddos, and perhaps let Daddikins play some golf, watch a game or take a nap. Then later in the evening, after the kids go to bed, you’ll hand him a super cute Bedroom Chemist kit with all of those goodies inside. He’ll open it and look up at you with a wide, delighted and slightly surprised grin. You’ll smile back, a shy, slightly mysterious smile.
And in your mind, you’ll be high-fiving us over here at Bedroom Chemist, because we recognize that desire starts when you feel relaxed, empowered and deeply connected to that one very special person in your life. What better time to remember that than on Father’s Day.
SPECIAL FATHER’S DAY GIFT DEAL! Get 20% off if you purchase your Bedroom Chemist kit by June 12, 2013. Click here and enter the code BC20 at check out.
What was the most creative business solution you’ve had so far?
The most creative business solution we’ve had so far is trying to convince our moms (and friends) that we are not working in the Sex Industry.
This is where the creativity kicks in. We’re trying to transform the perception of a red-light-back-door industry that has been synonymous with attracting folks from the “wrong side of the tracks” and flip it on its virtual head. Our creative business solution is convincing folks that Bedroom Chemist is not just about sex, it’s about relationships.
We’re doing this in two ways: First, everything we do is linked back to credible science. For example, according to research on the sexual response cycle by Helen Singer Kaplan, there are three essential phases to reaching bedroom bliss. Each of our Chemist’s Kits™ are merchandised with products that map to each phase: Phase One is Sparks (a.k.a. Desire) and we have offered items such as sensual massage candles or date night idea books; Phase Two is Acceleration (a.k.a. Foreplay) and our items have included foreplay balm or sensual silky cuffs; And, Phase Three is Melting Point (a.k.a. Passion) and we’ve included intimate couples massagers and other stimulants to help couples achieve passion together.
Second, we help couples identify personally with our brand by working with a panel of women who are just like our members. We ask panelists to review and endorse our products before we finalize each Kit so that consumers know and trust that Bedroom Chemist is a reputable company that is all about strengthening relationships.
There is no place in the world more romantic than Paris. From its inspiring art, daring fashion, and delicious food, Paris is très romantique. And, as they say in Paris, Spring is for lovers.
Spring brings sunkissed weather, flirty dresses, and a sexual awakening that was dormant during the cold winter months. And Springtime in Paris? Well… why do you think they invented the French Kiss?
To spark that awakening, this Chemist’s Kit has everything you need to experience the romance and sexiness of Springtime in Paris. The more you enjoy the fantasy, the more you will be saying “ooh la la!”
Desire: Stationary that captures the essence of Paris
Try sparking desire with a suggestive written note to your partner and leave it in a special place for him or her to find. Perhaps remind your partner of a highlight of your recent sexual interlude. Or, create an invitation for a mysterious date night. Use your imagination and be as racy or explicit as you dare. Ready to role-play? Mail the postcard to your partner and invite him or her to an evening of fantasy. Here’s an example of what you could say:
Greetings from Paris in the Spring. I have finally learned the language of love and I am eager to share! I have been working as a maid in an upscale romantic Hotel in the heart of Paris. Between spending my days keeping things tidy and my nights strolling under the twinkling lights of the city, I realize how much I love you. I return from my journey on ____ and long to share all that I have learned here in the city of love. Au revoir, mon amour…xoxoxo
Foreplay: French maid feather duster & ONO Pleasure Massage Oil
Ooh, la, la…just think of all the erotic areas that can be tickled and aroused using this seductive little duster. A little French attitude along with this cute prop will get your partner oh-so-ready to faire l’amour. Build the anticipation with a sensual French massage using ONO’s premium French vanilla-scented oil. What’s a French massage you ask? Use long, broad strokes and make sure to linger at your partner’s erogenous zones. Not only does this oil feel fabulous and smell divine, it will give your skin a sexy hard-to-resist glow. Once your partner returns the favor, take advantage of your slippery state to rub up against each other. In an instant, your night will be transformed from sexy to magnifique.
Passion: French maid 5-piece outfit
Our sexy little outfit will let you and your partner fully embrace the French maid fantasy. In case you were wondering, the pieces include:
Headband/head piece: start at the top with a perky velvet and lace head band
Lace wristlets (2 pieces): slipped over your wrists, these lacy cuffs add that certain je ne sais quoi
Lace neck ruffle: around the neck, this necklace is the perfect little accessory to give you that sassy air
Apron: doesn’t every French maid need a flirty little apron? Added bonus: you get to choose whether it looks better with panties
Wish you and your partner could be saying “ooh la la”? Sign up for a subscription on our Order Page.
Close your eyes and imagine the ideal sex locale. Are you at the base of a waterfall in a secluded spring in the Amazon rainforest, mist cascading around your faces? Perhaps you’re reclined on the warm sand at dusk, pairing your rhythm with that of the waves crashing at the shore, tasting the sweat of a hot summer day on your partner’s skin. Is it possible that you’re on a Parisian terrace midday, lips stained with du vin rouge, lulled into passion by the beauty surrounding you?
A friend recently confided that she and her husband have sex only about once a month during the normal course of their busy lives, but when they’re on vacation, the mood strikes without fail every single night. Sound familiar? It turns out that it’s not only the beautiful and foreign scenery that makes vacation sex legendary, but all of the experiences associated with a vacation.
So how, if you’re not booking flights to Paris or a cruise to the Carribbean, can you redesign vacation sex for your very own coital “stay-cation”?
1) Plan it out – When we plan our vacations, we have all of the details mapped out, all scenarios considered, events planned. We do this so that when the vacation actually arrives we can let loose! The importance placed on relaxation and fun inevitably leads to a feeling of letting go, and most likely, getting it on. We may not reach Girls Gone Wild status of college-aged spring breakers, performing the tribal mating practice of flashing our breasts to our desired partners, but we reconnect with our sexy selves. So, when planning a sex staycation, plan it out and don’t feel like you’re being a total stick in the mud if you do so! Buy a weekend’s supply of groceries, get chores out of the way ahead of time, send the kids to their grandparents, dog to the kennel, etc. If you have all of the items checked off the list by Friday evening, you can sleep in Saturday and start the staycation off right with a morning romp.
2) Tune it out – Agree to an “emergencies only” phone/internet policy. Half the battle to finding relaxation is disconnecting from the social media butterfly buzzing in your ear. One-on-one romantic vacations are intended to remind us that nobody, that means none of your 1,378 Facebook friends, is more important than the person sitting next to you. Not only will this help de-stress but putting the focus back on one another will reignite all those warm fuzzy feeling that can dim under the cloud of constant stimulus. Why not trade electronic for erotic stimulation? This is disconnecting in the interest of reconnecting.
So you’ve made all the arrangements, no laundry needs to be washed, and your Wifi is getting no action whatsoever. Now what?
3) Make it real – One of the key components that elevate vacation-sex to a new level is the overwhelming surge of endorphins to your neuro-receptors with the discovery of new, beautiful places, trying new foods, and having new experiences. Enjoy good food, cook together and sit down to enjoy! Make some popcorn and have a good old-fashioned movie night. Pick a movie set in a pleasant location, a laid-back sensual film like Chocolat, Under the Tuscan Sun, or Sideways (opt out of those horror flix). Take this time to enjoy your hobbies. Not every moment has to be spent right by one another’s side. Reading a good book while hearing your significant other’s attempt to play the guitar from the other room is kind of a beautiful thing. Trust me, I speak from experience.
And don’t forget… On your very first sexy staycation, sit down and make a list of things you both have always wanted to try. Make a pact to do at least 2 new things during your next relationship-rejuvenating weekend. Whether it’s vinyasa yoga, a cooking class, or painting, the shared learning-experience will boost your connection to the next level. And I don’t know about you, but if we went skydiving together during a staycation, I wouldn’t be able to wait until we reached the bedroom.
Bedroom Chemist was featured in “Reverse guilt: Moms feel guilty for… not feeling guilty” by Jacoba Urist on Today.com
Read the full article below or at http://www.today.com/moms/reverse-guilt-moms-feel-guilty-not-feeling-guilty-1C8687618
Sitting on a 9:00 am train, en route to some out-of-town meetings, it hit me. For the next 14 hours, I would have uninterrupted, child-free work time. And boy did it feel nice — for a second. Because as soon as I leaned back, there it was: the familiar pang of guilt. Or rather, the familiar pang of “reverse guilt,” for relishing my adult day and not feeling so bad about it.
Good mothers, it seems, are supposed to feel guilt about almost everything, from what we feed our kids to how much TV they’re allowed to watch. The biggest culprit? Leaving your children to do something on your own — whether it’s work, exercise, or even spending a long weekend with the spouse — appears to take top honors in the mommy guilt-trip hall of shame.
It’s ok to feel happy about going to work. Really, it is.
But what if you adore your children and you just don’t feel guilty? Some moms pursue their careers and enjoy much-deserved down time with a happy heart and a clear conscience… until they start to wonder, shouldn’t I be feeling that infamous mom guilt?
Take Debbie Solomon of Highland Park, Ill., who juggles two jobs as a pediatric occupational therapist and an independent consultant with a personal shopping website. Her two girls are 14 and 10. She went back to work when her oldest was 8 weeks old. Over a decade later, she says she still sometimes feels like she should have guilt when she’s working. But, like many moms who suffer twinges of reverse guilt every now and then, Solomon firmly believes that her adult time makes her a better mom.
“I have to travel twice a year for one [of my] jobs,” says Solomon. “And I enjoy the time away. It’s rejuvenating so I can be a better parent.”
While they may hesitate to talk about it in mommy social circles, many women agree.
Karen Benjamin Guzzo, an assistant professor of sociology at Bowling Green State University in Ohio, says she loves her kids without question, but she also loves her time at the office. “It’s stimulating, rewarding, and exciting,” she says about being a sociologist. “And I worked really hard to get to this point in my career.”
Even though some of Guzzo’s research examines parenting attitudes and behaviors, she admits that she’s felt a dose of reverse guilt for not missing or thinking about her kids that much during her work day.
“I can focus on the things I want to do that are most interesting to me, without interruption,” Guzzo explains, describing why she values her professional time so much. “No one yells at me, insults me, or makes me do things for them that they can do for themselves. I don’t have to hear whining or act as a referee.”
Reverse guilt isn’t confined to the office. Moms say it can rear its head when they spend time doing anything demanding and rewarding away from home, like hobbies or exercise.
“Sometimes when I wake up at 6 am and go to the gym, I think, should I be making my kids pancakes before school? Would that make me a better mom?” asks Andee Harris, Chicago mom and co-founder of Bedroom Chemist, a subscription-based website that sells kits to couples looking to recharge their sex lives.
Harris has moments of reverse guilt when she’s flying for business, enjoying a stack of magazines at 30,000 feet. Even when she’s spending quality time alone with her husband, so they can work on being a couple and not “just mom and dad.” But she says she makes her career, her exercise regime, and her relationship with her spouse top priorities, in part to be a good role model for her children. If she starts to hear that little nagging voice saying she shouldn’t be enjoying her personal time, she does her best to block it out.
Lindsay Heller, mom to two little girls, ages 18 months and almost 3, a clinical psychologist and a nanny consultant in Los Angeles, describes the pinch of reverse guilt she recently had at jury duty.
“I was in this quiet waiting place for jurors,” Heller says, “and there was WiFi and I had my Kindle.” She admits that when she was dismissed early, she was “kind of bummed” to leave the bubble of that room and go back to her hectic life of career and toddlers.
Heller says reverse guilt is a common phenomenon that she sees in both of her practice areas. Turns out, she gives the same advice to moms who feel guilty about being away from their families and those who feel bad because they don’t actually feel guilt about their alone time.
First identify that it’s OK to feel the emotion, Heller tells clients. Then, let the guilt go so you can really be in the moment and enjoy your workday, or your spin class, or your quiet cup of coffee. Every mom needs to take care of herself to be a better parent, believes Heller. After all, a happy mom is, well, happy.
We’ve all heard about the benefits of great sex on your relationship. But recent research is touting a whole host of other benefits of great sex including everything from heart health to weight loss. But one benefit has us particularly intrigued: the benefits of great sex on your skin.
You know that “glow” you get right after sex? Maybe a girlfriend even commented on how “radiant” you look right around the time things started getting hot and heavy with your partner. Well, as it turns out, that lasting radiance is partially to do with the physiology of an exciting evening beneath the sheets:
• The rosy glow you get after an exciting intimate interlude is the result of blood rushing to your erogenous zones including your face, neck and chest. Increased circulation is extremely beneficial to the sensitive capillaries under your delicate facial skin. It keeps your skin looking young and fresh and is similar to the effect of an esthetician massaging your face during a facial.
• Great sex creates a drowsy sensation that can promote better sleep, which is beneficial for your overall restorative health. Sleep can help reduce stress-induced acne and other skin problems. But remember to stay hydrated. Similar to a workout, sex can cause you to perspire. So it is important to replenish your fluids in order to keep your skin looking supple and to flush your skin of any toxins excreted during perspiration.
• Finally, the natural inclination to smile after sex is caused by a rush of endorphins that are released when you “cross that finish line”. Recent research indicates that endorphins may play a role in regenerating skin cells. At the very least, smiling releases tension in the face that can help prevent the wrinkles associated with frowning or squinting. (No promises for smile lines, but hey, there’s nothing sexier than a smile!)
While we’re not suggesting to skip the spa or cancel your next derm appointment, sex can be a cost effective way to enhance the effects of your beauty regimen. So next time you want to look your best, don’t forget to amp it up beneath the sheets.
If you’re interested in getting that sexy “glow” for free then sign up now for a Bedroom Chemist Subscription and start experiencing the boudoir bliss that so many women are raving about!
It’s the most romantic day of the year. And we simply couldn’t let Valentine’s Day pass without giving you and your partner everything you need to turn a romantic candy-filled holiday into something so much more. Ranging from red hot to sweet n’ spicy, the special items we’ve included in this Valentine’s Chemist’s Kit™ will be sure to make your Valentine’s Night unforgettable.
Bonus: And, just for fun, we’ve included Risqué Conversation Heart Candies and a Flirty Feather Boa so you can treat your special someone to a Valentine’s Night unlike anything they have ever experienced before.
Add some shimmer and shine to your favorite assets. These Sexy Pasties from Bijoux Indiscrets are the perfect way to add a proactive and sophisticated style to your Valentine’s “Night”.
While these beautiful sparkling rhinestone pasties are designed to seductively show off your breasts, think about other exciting places you could wear them. Don’t hesitate to be creative with your placement. Wherever you decide to place these gems, put them on before your romantic night out. Then, drop some hints to your partner about what you are wearing and let his imagination run wild… Before you know it (and before dessert) you’ll both be seeing the red-hot sparks of desire.
Lucky you! These pasties can be used over and over again. Now Valentine’s Night can be any night of the year.
Foreplay: Melt Chocolate Body Fondue by Booty Parlor
What’s better than chocolate, better than sex? Having them both at the same time! Melt Chocolate Body Fondue is a luxurious chocolate paint made especially for the body. Get creative and frisky with this jar of delicious body paint and use the brush to create art you can eat!
Write naughty words on your lover’s back (or other tempting body parts) and have your “canvas” guess what you’re writing. If they’re right, you get to lick it off! The good news is that Melt is just as divine with ice cream, fruit, a spoon… Another bonus?? Melt is virtually fat-free!
Passion: Vibrating Panty Pal Heart Tickler by California Exotic
Designed to be used anytime, anyplace or anywhere! This soft, textured stimulator feels perfect on the naked skin anywhere you want to experience quiet vibrations. Its heart shape is a perfect reminder of Valentine’s Day as well as the perfect fit for both of your pleasure spots.
A private pleasure or a shared secret…that’s up to you! Either way, this will be the best heart-shaped gem you receive this Valentine’s Day. Tell your partner what you are hiding and watch his mind begin to race with Valentine Day’s fantasies. Or, once you’ve both ascended from Foreplay into Passion, have your partner cup the heart in his palm and apply it to your erogenous zones to create an equally satisfying climax for both of you.
Tips for adding some romantic touches to heat up your Valentine’s Day
Don’t Discount the Virtual Touch
If you’re not already in the habit of the occasional racy text message, now is a great time to start! Why not let your partner know that you are thinking of them, even during the busy course of the day? Steamy messages can be a great way to remind your partner how much you value the intimate part of your relationship.
Food as Foreplay
Food is sexy! Be creative in putting together a romantic Valentine’s menu. There are many foods known for their purported aphrodisiac value. How about oysters, raw or grilled on the bbq for a few minutes? Or try eggs, a reliable source of L-arginine, an amino acid that’s been shown to be effective in enhancing male libido. And of course, there is always chocolate. You can also throw in some lush, decadent ingredients to sex up your meal: caviar, truffles or truffle oil, lobster, foie gras…
Setting the Mood
Valentine’s Day is the perfect time to take the little extra steps to set an intimate mood. Candles, flower petals on the bed, soft lighting in the bedroom, a steamy scented bath, sexy music…all are ways to put you and your partner in the mood and stimulate those erotic thoughts. Pull out all the stops…Valentine’s Night comes just once a year!
It’s that time of the year again, Valentine’s Day. February 14th as usual, yet it always manages to sneak up on us. It should be easy to plan for, like Christmas, a birthday or anniversary, always falling on the same day, yet due to busy schedules, sacrifices are made and Valentine’s Day priority slips in the rankings like an early presidential candidate. Whether it is a meeting of the PTA or Board, commuting to work or car-pooling to soccer, there just doesn’t seem time or energy left for romance between partners like there used to be.
There are those who consciously opt out of Valentine’s Day. Some believe it is only for young lovers, others think it is a manufactured holiday to sell more cards and flowers and for restaurants to force couples to pay for the price-fixe menu. Why all the cynicism? What’s wrong with designating one day to remember and say “thank you” to your mate who has shared so many romantic (and other) milestones with you, from butterflies during your first kiss to that romantic romp on your last vacation. It is time to remind your special someone that you think they are, well, special.
Where do I fall on the spectrum of holiday observance? Married for 13 years, with two kids, a dog, a full time job, while starting an on-line business on the side, I can easily come home, slip into my fuzzy slippers and robe and relax and be content. Yet I want my Valentine’s Day back. I am a woman, who knows what she wants, and there is nothing wrong with feeling good, being romanced, and embracing the passion I felt as a “young lover”.
In fact, this desire to keep the romance alive in my marriage has surpassed just observing February 14th and is what spurred the development of my latest entrepreneurial endeavor. My business partner and I created Bedroom Chemist – a website dedicate to women who want ever-growing love in their relationship even when our constant obligations seem to get in the way. Bedroom Chemist is a subscription based service that delivers couples a package of lust worthy sex toys and relationship building exercises every six weeks to enjoy together. Our core belief is couples who have great chemistry in the bedroom will find their sex life and their appreciation for each other continuously improving.
So go ahead and be a self-proclaimed romantic if even for just one day. Your partner will appreciate it and your relationship will benefit. Bring on the fancy dinner, the cheesy red-heart box of chocolates and of course the $100 bouquet of red roses. I am in love and proud and want to enjoy myself (after we put the kids to sleep).
We want you to LIKE us on Facebook! All LIKES we receive from February 1 through February 10, 2013 will be entered to win a fabulous Bedroom Chemist “Valentine’s Night” kit.
See below for rules and restrictions.
No Purchase Required to Enter or Win
1. Eligibility: “LIKE Us to Win” is open only to individuals who are legal residents of the fifty (50) United States (including the District of Columbia) who are 18 years of age or older at time of entry. All U.S. federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. All U.S., federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Void where prohibited by law.
2. Sponsor: The Giveaway is sponsored by Bedroom Chemist.
3. Agreement to Official Rules: Participation in the Giveaway constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
4. Entry Period: Entries will begin at 12AM February 1, 2013 and ends 11:59PM February 10, 2013. Entries will be compiled from all individuals who “LIKE” Bedroom Chemist on Facebook.
5. Entry: During the Entry Period, individuals who LIKE Bedroom Chemist on Facebook will be entered for a chance to win our Valentine’s Romance kit. Limit one (1) entry per person. Subsequent entries from the same person will be removed from the entry database. The use of any agencies or automated software to submit entries will void all entries submitted by that person.
6. Drawing: At the conclusion of the Giveaway, Sponsor will select the name of one (1) potential winner in a random drawing of all eligible entries received during the Entry Period. The odds of being selected as a potential winner depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Entry Period. At the conclusion of the drawing, the winner’s name and photo will be announced via a Facebook Post on Bedroom Chemist’s wall. Winner may be tagged in an attempt to notify the winner. Winner will be asked to provide their full name and mailing address within a specified time period. If potential winner does not respond within the timeframe stated in the notification, the Sponsor may select an alternate potential winner in his/her place at random from all entries received during the Entry Period.
7. Winners will receive one Chemist’s Kit from Bedroom Chemist™, Approximate Retail Value of prize is $49.99. No cash or other substitution may be made, except by the Sponsor, who reserves the right to substitute a prize with another prize of equal or greater value if the prize is not available for any reason as determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion. The winner is responsible for any taxes and fees associated with receipt or use of a prize.
9. Release and Limitations of Liability: By participating in the Giveaway, entrants agree to release and hold harmless Bedroom Chemist™ from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Giveaway or receipt or use of any prize, including, but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Giveaway; (b) technical errors related to computers, servers, providers, or telephone or network lines; (c) printing errors; (d) lost, late, postage-due, misdirected, or undeliverable mail; (e) errors in the administration of the Giveaway or the processing of entries; or (f) injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Giveaway or receipt of any prize. Entrant further agrees that in any cause of action, the Giveaway Entities’ liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the Giveaway, and in no event shall the Giveaway Entities be liable for attorney’s fees. Entrant waives the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages.
10. Disputes: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Giveaway or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action.