Breaking the Routine
Can’t decide what to get for your honey this Father’s Day? Look no further. We’ve uncovered the absolute best Father’s Day gift for the fellas this year. It’s not a tie, a cabinet, a wallet or a coffee maker. It’s not a new fitness gadget or a fancy razor. Have you guessed it yet? It’s Bedroom Chemist, and here’s why: our carefully curated kits of pleasure make women feel sexy and beautiful.
We all know that everything changes for women after having kids, especially sex. Our bodies look different and feel different. Our libidos are wacky. And yes, let’s admit it, we get a little complacent. We do! We start with the same foreplay we’ve been doing forever. Then we move on to the same two or three positions we’ve been doing forever. Well, not this year, Ladies. This year, Father’s Day is when we affirm that we are – or have the potential to be – horny, fun and vibrant sexpots.
Why is Bedroom Chemist perfect for a Father’s Day Gift? Simple. We know that sexual intimacy often begins with a woman’s desire. Sometimes we need playfulness, sometimes not. Sometimes we need time to warm up and sometimes we’re just ready to rumble. As moms ourselves, we understand that the path to horniness and awesome sex revolves around seeking pleasure for ourselves. Sex is not about pressure or sexpectations, it’s about coming together with our partners to have fun and experience the joy of orgasms. Hooray, orgasms!
SPECIAL FATHER’S DAY GIFT DEAL! Get 20% off if you purchase your Bedroom Chemist kit by June 12, 2013. Click here and enter the code BC20 at check out.
Wait until you see what’s inside Bedroom Chemist’s upcoming kits. They have oodles in there to make you feel fabulous. Need to reconnect with your guy? It’s in the box. Want to explore each other’s bodies and what turns you on? It’s in the box. Want to tap into your adventurous side and try something new? It’s In The Box!
Let us tell you what’s likely to happen this Father’s Day when you sign up for Bedroom Chemist. You’ll have a nice meal, hang with the kiddos, and perhaps let Daddikins play some golf, watch a game or take a nap. Then later in the evening, after the kids go to bed, you’ll hand him a super cute Bedroom Chemist kit with all of those goodies inside. He’ll open it and look up at you with a wide, delighted and slightly surprised grin. You’ll smile back, a shy, slightly mysterious smile.
And in your mind, you’ll be high-fiving us over here at Bedroom Chemist, because we recognize that desire starts when you feel relaxed, empowered and deeply connected to that one very special person in your life. What better time to remember that than on Father’s Day.
SPECIAL FATHER’S DAY GIFT DEAL! Get 20% off if you purchase your Bedroom Chemist kit by June 12, 2013. Click here and enter the code BC20 at check out.
Close your eyes and imagine the ideal sex locale. Are you at the base of a waterfall in a secluded spring in the Amazon rainforest, mist cascading around your faces? Perhaps you’re reclined on the warm sand at dusk, pairing your rhythm with that of the waves crashing at the shore, tasting the sweat of a hot summer day on your partner’s skin. Is it possible that you’re on a Parisian terrace midday, lips stained with du vin rouge, lulled into passion by the beauty surrounding you?
A friend recently confided that she and her husband have sex only about once a month during the normal course of their busy lives, but when they’re on vacation, the mood strikes without fail every single night. Sound familiar? It turns out that it’s not only the beautiful and foreign scenery that makes vacation sex legendary, but all of the experiences associated with a vacation.
So how, if you’re not booking flights to Paris or a cruise to the Carribbean, can you redesign vacation sex for your very own coital “stay-cation”?
1) Plan it out – When we plan our vacations, we have all of the details mapped out, all scenarios considered, events planned. We do this so that when the vacation actually arrives we can let loose! The importance placed on relaxation and fun inevitably leads to a feeling of letting go, and most likely, getting it on. We may not reach Girls Gone Wild status of college-aged spring breakers, performing the tribal mating practice of flashing our breasts to our desired partners, but we reconnect with our sexy selves. So, when planning a sex staycation, plan it out and don’t feel like you’re being a total stick in the mud if you do so! Buy a weekend’s supply of groceries, get chores out of the way ahead of time, send the kids to their grandparents, dog to the kennel, etc. If you have all of the items checked off the list by Friday evening, you can sleep in Saturday and start the staycation off right with a morning romp.
2) Tune it out – Agree to an “emergencies only” phone/internet policy. Half the battle to finding relaxation is disconnecting from the social media butterfly buzzing in your ear. One-on-one romantic vacations are intended to remind us that nobody, that means none of your 1,378 Facebook friends, is more important than the person sitting next to you. Not only will this help de-stress but putting the focus back on one another will reignite all those warm fuzzy feeling that can dim under the cloud of constant stimulus. Why not trade electronic for erotic stimulation? This is disconnecting in the interest of reconnecting.
So you’ve made all the arrangements, no laundry needs to be washed, and your Wifi is getting no action whatsoever. Now what?
3) Make it real – One of the key components that elevate vacation-sex to a new level is the overwhelming surge of endorphins to your neuro-receptors with the discovery of new, beautiful places, trying new foods, and having new experiences. Enjoy good food, cook together and sit down to enjoy! Make some popcorn and have a good old-fashioned movie night. Pick a movie set in a pleasant location, a laid-back sensual film like Chocolat, Under the Tuscan Sun, or Sideways (opt out of those horror flix). Take this time to enjoy your hobbies. Not every moment has to be spent right by one another’s side. Reading a good book while hearing your significant other’s attempt to play the guitar from the other room is kind of a beautiful thing. Trust me, I speak from experience.
And don’t forget… On your very first sexy staycation, sit down and make a list of things you both have always wanted to try. Make a pact to do at least 2 new things during your next relationship-rejuvenating weekend. Whether it’s vinyasa yoga, a cooking class, or painting, the shared learning-experience will boost your connection to the next level. And I don’t know about you, but if we went skydiving together during a staycation, I wouldn’t be able to wait until we reached the bedroom.
Andee & Emily, co-founders of Bedroom Chemist
What has been your greatest challenge so far?
To get couples to understand that they don’t have to settle for the same old boring bedroom routine. Many couples have simply accepted a false-truth that the sparks in their love life will inevitably fade over time as life gets in the way. At Bedroom Chemist, we strive to help couples see things differently. Like most of the important aspects of their lives—careers, health, children—couples need to give their romantic connection some attention every once in while. Intimacy needs to be made a priority just like everything else.
We are trying to create a dialogue linking the importance of relationships and intimacy to help couples realize that it can be fun and easy to keep the flame alive in their relationship. We believe there is a huge opportunity to provide information and create a forum for women to discuss this important part of their partnership. We’ve emphasized that intimacy should be a priority in relationships and that a healthy sex life helps make everything else run more smoothly.
Most of our subscribers say that the biggest challenge in their marriage is communicating. So, we remind them through original articles and posts that intimacy is a form of communication that also needs their attention. We find articles that help to increase communication in the bedroom and in other areas of life and post them on our Facebook and Twitter pages, in order to foster a dialogue that will open up the intimacy conversation.
Essence.com featured Bedroom Chemist in their “8 Ways to Spice Up Your Sex Life This Fall” article. They recommend spicing things up in the bedroom with some new products and we’re here to help you with that!
In a world where we are bombarded by the media portraying couples having mad passionate sex it is sometimes hard not to feel like you want to be part of the fantasy world and think of your own sex life as mediocre and mundane. But here are some tips to get your love life back on track and tell your man what you really need.
1) Foreplay…Foreplay…Foreplay….. Men often think of sex as a sprint not a marathon so it is important to introduce foreplay into your bedroom routine. It is not always easy to communicate your mate what you need so try introducing an arousal balm or gel. There are many great ones on the market and you can have your partner apply it to your breasts and other body parts for a wonderful foreplay.
2) Get in the mood- Light some candles and set the stage for romance. One of my favorite products and top sellers on our website are candles that melt and turn into massage oil. This is a great way to once again introduce romance to your partner and also get a little foreplay
3) Praise goes a long way- Encourage your man by telling him what feels good. When you enjoy something make sure he knows it. At first you might go a little overboard but that’s ok- he will start to remember that you like certain things and over time he will know what you like and do those things.
4) Introduce toys that will not make your man feel insecure. I often find that women decide to introduce a vibrator and chose one that would make any guy feel inadequate. I also recommend if you are going to introduce a toy into a relationship chose one that is a compliment to your sex life and not one to replace your man. He will see the pleasure it brings to you and also not feel that he is being replaced.
5) Take the initiative-. If you want your relationship to be more like 50 shades of grey that 50 shades of boredom then show your man what you want. Men find a powerful and decisive woman sexy. Find a sex position that works best for you and suggest that position the next time you make love. Try a position that tilts your pelvis upward some women find that to be the most effective.
We’ve received overwhelming excitement about our May kit which is inspired by Fifty Shades of Grey by E.L. James.
It’s rare that a book gets people talking so openly about intimacy. Fifty Shades of Grey is on everyone’s minds (and reading lists) and we simply couldn’t let it pass without seeking some inspiration. BDSM aside, what truly inspired us—and May’s Chemist’s Kit™—was how to ask for, receive and share utter and complete pleasure. Read on to see what was inside…
DESIRE PHASE: “Bedroom Commands”
You may not be ready to channel your inner Christian Grey, but you and your partner can take turns playfully being in control. Bedroom Commands is a card game that will set the mood. It includes two decks: one you and one for your partner. Simply select a card (or two) to reveal the action for the evening or the hour. Some cards are funny, and some are sexy, but all are guaranteed to take you to a new level of desire. When you’re ready to engage in a night of colorful passion, put a few cards in your pocket and reveal them when he’s not expecting it.
FOREPLAY PHASE: Duo from Bijoux Indiscrets
This month we have not one but two items from one of our favorite brands, Bijoux Indiscrets. Surprise your partner with something better than a grey necktie, by gently wrapping his wrists in Bijoux’s luxurious satin scarves. Each scarf measures 27″ in length and has inspirational words of love and lust as an abstract background.
Next, trace Bijoux’s Tickle Me Tickler over the contours of each other’s body. Be sure to linger on those sensitive spots such as your breasts and his inner thighs. Made of Maribou feathers and a ribbon covered handle, take your time and enjoy every minute of teasing and pleasing each other. Bonus! The scarf doubles as a blindfold so one (or both) of you can relinquish control and enjoy every minute of having to guess what will happen next.
PASSION PHASE: Powerbullet
Here’s your chance to put “fifty shades of power” into your relationship. Literally. The Powerbullet is the most versatile sensory toy you will ever experience. It is waterproof and boasts three powerful speeds. The possibilities are endless and that’s just the point…use your imagination and explore new ways to tantalize each other with touch. While tied with the scarves, gently roll the bullet between your palm and your partner’s erogenous zones. On him, be sure to stop at his lips, neck and buttocks. On her, stop at the tip of her nipples and slowly encircle her most sensitive area. Add additional sensations with the Powerbullet. Start by blindfolding your partner, then trace the bullet with the warmth of your breath, the wetness of your tongue, the tingling of an ice cube, or even the stickiness of honey. Feel powerful as you give your partner the gift of ecstasy over and over again…
Can you believe, all this for less than what you would spend on a monthly mani/pedi or weekly wax? When was the last time you experienced utter and complete pleasure from a foot spa? Kits cost less than buying each item separately and, lucky you, we eliminate the guesswork and blush-factor of a retail store.
Wish you could experience this type of bedroom bliss? Sign up for a subscription on our Order Page.
There was a little corner article in the November issue of marie claire that caught the eye of one of our panelists who forwarded it on to me. The article noted that for singles who were looking for a relationship, it didn’t matter if they started their relationship as a traditional courtship or as a one night stand.
So, naturally, I took a poll among our panelists about their first encounter with their now, happily committed, s.o. How many of them tried to hold out for their “White Wedding” (ok, a month counts) and how many of them immediately “Brought Sexy Back” to their room right away?
We here at B.C. are pretty much split 50/50. Yours truly had a slow and steady progression in my relationship. And, I’m not going to lie, I sort of feel jipped!
For many of us who started our current relationships in the conservative court, did we miss out on the thrill of an unbridled and exotic night of passion with our future partners? And, is it possible to recreate the unpredictableness of a one night stand after we predictably know each and every move our mate is going to make (yes, like that little humping motion he uses to suggest that he wants to get it on)?
I vote yes: there can still be one night stands after the first night.
Here are 10 things that you and your significant other can do to recreate a one night stand:
1. Do NOT have sex in your bed or even your bedroom for that matter. Try your living room, kitchen, hotel, tent in your backyard, or even car. The point here is to spice up your routine, so get out of those comfy flannel sheets!
2. Make up fake names for each other. Use your middle name if you want. Or, translate your name in another language. Then email each other for the next few days as these sexual alter egos. Get excited about the ideas that THEY have in store for the two of YOU!
3. Rummage through your Halloween bin to find an old costume and wear it next time you order takeout. Varsity = wear a sexy cat suit, JV = throw on a wig. By changing your looks, you’ll be amazed at how easily it is to change your persona.
4. Each of you pick a toy from your Chemist’s Kit and use it in a way that you have never tried. Try a toy that’s traditionally for her on him and vise versa. The possibilities are endless!
5. Pick each other up at a bar. What guy doesn’t have a man-crush on Ryan Gosling right now! Why not go so far as to call him “Ryan” when he interrupts the suitor you’ve struck up a conversation with.
6. Set your alarm for a midnight sexcapade. The disorientation of the dark can do wonders for new places that his or your hands may find.
7. (My personal favorite) Recreate your first date but this time take it all the way. That’s right… same restaurant, same dinner, same intro topics. Just end it with a twist!
8. Describe a fantasy to each other and make it happen TONIGHT! Why not become a dominatrix who speaks in a foreign accent? [Note: For those of you who are new to role play, you should establish a "safe word" that you mutually agree will end the fantasy if spoken by either of you. Pick something banal like "tree" or "paper".]
9. Get a crazy wax. Hearts, stars or the moon. Take your pick! It’s all fun and sexy to him.
10. Go on a weekend getaway. Nothing says one night stand than a new city, new sheets and new experiences.
We want to hear about it! Send us your comments at firstname.lastname@example.org
Emily here, checking in from the capital of chemistry: Las Vegas. I was lucky enough to spend the weekend in Las Vegas with my fellow Bedroom Chemist panelists, who were lucky in their own right to have fabulous husbands eager to take care of things at home so we could have fun, fun, fun!
So you’re probably wondering what a girls’ weekend has to do with jumpstarting chemistry in the bedroom. Well, I’ve got two important lessons from my trip to sin city:
(1) Girls’ weekends are one of the best ways to restock the arsenal of ecstasy. It only took a few margaritas for the tips & tricks to start to spill (thankfully not the margaritas). A few of my favorites:
- One panelist likes to tuck sexy little notes in her hubby’s pants pocket on the way to work with messages like “you look super sexy in these pants. I can’t wait for you to take them off later”. She sure gave her guy a lot to think about for the next 8 hours.
- The day before the trip, another panelist worked from home. Her hubby agreed to meet her for lunch and when he came home he found her sitting at her laptop with nothing except her sexiest lingerie and this month’s Chemist’s Kit. Let’s just say it was definitely a “power lunch”.
(2) The other lesson from girls’ weekend is that being away from your significant other can actually recharge your sex drive (remember the saying “absence makes the heart grow fonder”?). When we were single, we loved dressing up in our flirtiest skirts and highest heels and having a crazy night on the town. Girls’ weekends give us an important time to celebrate and remember our own inner sexiness…the sexiness that we all felt before the routine of a relationship kicked in. (Don’t get me wrong, routines have some great perks as well: routines foster trust and reliability which enable you to starting building a relationship. All of us gals want the assurance that he’s going to call when he says he will, right?) Vegas was an epiphany: we can (and should) have both sexiness and routine in our relationships. So, on our last night in Vegas, my fellow Bedroom Chemist panelists and I made a pact: As soon as we got home, we were going to buy even shorter skirts and higher heels, have a crazy night on the town with our partners.
We’re bringing sexy back to our relationships. Will you join us?